We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads.
Climate change powerpoint - slideshare
First of all, you should know that weather and climate are not the same thing The essential science behind Climate Change – for students and teachers. Two Adelie penguins stand atop Put simply – climate tells you what clothes to buy but weather tells you what clothes to wear. Climate change happens The evidence for this comes from many sources – see slide 17. Fossil fuels are the remains .
- WEATHER IS:
- Short term
- Limited area
- Can change rapidly
- Difficult to predict
- Long term
- Wide area
- Seasonal changes
- Measured over long spans of time
Climate is affected by many factors ABIOTIC FACTORS: Latitude Altitude Ocean Currents Topography Solar Radiation Evaporation Orbital Variations Volcanic Activity BIOTIC FACTORS: Transpiration Respiration Photosynthesis Decomposition Digestion 6.
Greenhouse Gases are essential to our climate /wproblems/warming/ 7. Planets with very little greenhouse effect are either very cold… Pluto’s average temperature is –370° F /tour/link=/pluto/ 8.
On Mars, there is about a 300 degree F difference between high and low temperatures … or they have huge temperature swings from day to night. Planets with abundant greenhouse gases are very hot The average temperature on Venus is about 855° F! /tour/link=/venus/ 10. … which is just right… … for the moment, anyway.
- Water vapor
- Carbon dioxide
- Nitrous oxide
With no greenhouse gases at all in its atmosphere, scientists estimate that Earth’s average atmospheric temperature would be about -18° C, or about 0°F /knhuang/project2/ 13.
The greenhouse gas content of the atmosphere is being altered by human activity. Evidence of Climate Change comes from many different sources.
Glaciers are melting away worldwide Agassiz Glacier, Montana, in 1913… Pasterze Glacier, Austria, in 1875… … and in 2005 … and in 2004 16.
Ice cores yield information and actual samples of Earth’s past atmosphere / 17. Animal and plant life is changing 2/3 of European butterfly species studied have shifted their ranges northward by as much as 150 miles. , 1999) An analysis of the distributions of British birds found that many species have moved north by an average of 18. (Thomas et al, 1999) At Boston's Arnold Arboretum, plants are flowering eight days earlier on average than they did from 1900 to 1920.
Climate change seems to accelerating Each of the 48 continental states experienced above-normal annual temperatures in 2006 …not to be confused with mitigation. Mitigation - Reducing greenhouse gas emissions in order to slow or stop global climate change, i.e. using the car less, flying less and buying local food. Adaptation - Adjusting to the impacts of climate change to reduce the negative impacts and exploit any opportunities, i.e. building sea .
For the majority of states, 2006 ranked among the 10 hottest years since 1895.
More Greenhouse Gases Mean a Warmer Earth / 21.
Carbon Dioxide In the distant past, the Earth was much warmer.
High levels of Carbon Dioxide in the atmosphere fueled lush growth, some of which was stored in the form of fossil fuels. /climatechange Carbon Dioxide in Earth’s atmosphere has risen by about 30% since the beginning of the industrial revolution. Most of the increase is due to the combustion of fossil fuels, which releases the long-stored CO 2 back into the atmosphere.
Methane /climatechange Methane is released by coal mining, landfills, and by agriculture, particularly through the digestive processes of beef and milk cows.
Nitrous Oxide /climatechange Nitrous Oxide is produced by cars, by fossil fuels used for heat and electricity, and by agriculture Climate Change, and the Scientific Process. Let's review last week: sometimes Venus, Earth and Mars are called the Goldilocks planets. Compare these Three: Venus. Earth. Mars. Temp at surface. 880 F. 59 F. -58 F. Pressure at surface. ~ 90 atmospheres. 1 atmosphere. (14.7 lbs/sq in). 0.007 atmospheres. Atmosphere .
Climate change powerpoint presentation high-quality writing service
No agency, government, or scientist can “fix it” for us. Here’s what you can do… What can be done? 27.
- Check and repair weather stripping on doors and windows.
- Adjust your clothing instead of the thermostat.
- Keep furnace and AC filters clean.
- Consider closing off unused rooms.
- Plant deciduous trees on the sunny side of your home.
- Take shorter showers.
Technology for adaptation to climate change in coastal zones - unfccc
- Only run the dishwasher if it’s full.
- Fix leaky faucets
- Plan ahead – do several errands in a single trip.
- Clean out the junk in the trunk.
- Make sure your engine is properly tuned.
- Keep your tires properly inflated.
- Carpool or ride the school bus.
- Consider a smaller car or a hybrid for your next vehicle.
Climate change powerpoint presentation buy exclusive writing and
- Unplug chargers for cell phones and other appliances when not in use.
- Get in the habit of turning lights and appliances off.
- Vacuum the coils on the back of the fridge monthly.
- Change to compact fluorescent bulbs.
- Make your next computer a laptop.
- Install timers or motion sensors on outdoor lights.
- Choose products that have less packaging.
- Don’t buy it unless you really need it.
- Carry cloth bags when shopping.
- Use a refillable travel mug or water bottle.
- Give your time instead of material gifts, or donate to a charity in the recipient’s name Where to buy an climate change powerpoint presentation Academic Harvard 28 pages / 7700 words original. | 13.12.2017| 134| 173 Order custom climate change powerpoint presentation 109 pages / 29975 words 10 days US Letter Size original. | 09.12.2017| 147| 351 .
This professor made a climate change powerpoint for trump, and it
- /global warming/
- Parmesan, C. Nature 382, 765-766
- Parmesan, C.
Poleward shifts in geographical ranges of butterfly species associated with regional warming. Herbarium specimens demonstrate earlier flowering times in response to warming in Boston.